Thursday, February 19, 2009

Bring a paella

There is to be no flamenco the week after I return from Dublin because it's the "week of women;" my teacher, also a marriage counselor and advocate for abused women, is running many of the events. At flamenco tonight she read out the schedule. One event, listed as 10 am to 6pm, provoked indignant shouts from my fellow dancers. "When would we eat?!" they asked. Maria Jose, my teacher, looked up in annoyance. "I was just about to get to that." She continued reading. "This event is limited to 100 participants. All participants should bring a paella to supply the lunch-time meal." Hilary, who had accompanied me to rehearsal, and I looked at each other in surprise. 100 paellas? Seems like there will be more than enough yellow rice to go around...

No comments:

 
Real Time Web Analytics